TalesBetweenthePages

Tales Between the Pages

A Reader's Guide to Authors and Books www.talesbetweenthepages.com

The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure: The "Good Parts" Version, Abridged
William Goldman
The Girl Who Chased the Moon
Sarah Addison Allen
Progress: 33 %
Pioneer Girl
Bich Minh Nguyen
A Clash of Kings
George R.R. Martin

Invisible (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #1)

Invisible (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #1) - Lorena McCourtney I wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did. Lorena McCourtney crafts a realistic and very likable character in her LOL (Little Old Lady), Ivy Malone. She doesn't pretend to be anything other than what she is and that makes her unique. I suppose this book can be categorized as "Christian Fiction," although I'm skeptical of this so-called genre. A book can be more than Christian even if the character does believe wholeheartedly in God. First and foremost, this book is a mystery. A good one.

After the death of her friend, Thea, Ivy finds herself in the middle of a murder investigation that puts her in grave danger. With the help of a cop named Dix and a receptionist named Tiffany, Ivy does more than just stay at home and knit. Using her age "invisibility," Ivy stakes out cemeteries and scales wall to find the killer.